A GEPSA assistant takes care of administrative coordination of the service or site at which he/she is employed. Depending on his/her area of expertise, s/he may be responsible for:
- Administrative management of maintenance services : orders, contact with suppliers, request tracking on the software and fencing, stock management, etc.
- Coordinating human resources and administration : variable pay elements, employee leave, secretarial matters, organization of meetings and writing up reports of those meetings, etc.
As a genuine point of contact for human resources, the assistant acts as an interface between services and site management and/or between the site and headquarters. She also forms a real partnership with her superior, supporting him/her in everyday management duties.
The qualities of a GEPSA assistant
- Discrete / sense of confidentiality
- Interpersonal skills
- Priority management
- Independent and proactive
A few career prospects
- Employment consultant
- Site assistant (for the service assistants) or head office assistant